Dainty Silver Cable Chain
Dainty Silver Cable Chain
Dainty Silver Cable Chain // Sterling Silver
This is a must have, go-to kind of a chain. The classic oval cable links make a smooth, modern piece that you can easily wear any style pendant on without distracting from the center piece. This chain has free moving links that won't kink and no sharp bevels so it won't feel like a saw blade on your skin. It's comfortable, strong, and lovely.
This Dainty Silver Cable Chain is strong enough for most pendants, but if you have a heavier piece, I would recommend my Sturdy Cable Chain instead.
This chain comes with a Spring Ring Clasp.
Here's a quick run down on chain lengths for women:
- 16'' - typically hangs at the collar bone. This length is good for above the neckline length. It can feel a little tight on some people.
- 18'' - typically hangs right at the top of your sternum. This is the most common length chain
- 20'' - typically hangs about 1'' below the top of the sternum but also a comfortable size for taller or larger people
- 24'' - typically hangs at heart level. This is a great length for larger pendants or pieces you want to wear on your torso without having the piece right on you chest.
- 30'' - typically hangs center of chest. This length is nice for a variety of sized pendants. Be aware that it often hangs front and center of your chest.
***I just said "typically" a lot. Even if you're the same height as me, there are a number of factors that can contribute to chain fit. Most chains can be shortened. My favorite solution (especially if you're deciding between sizes) is to have a chain extender added so you can wear it 2-3'' longer.
Here's a quick run down on chain lengths for men:
- 18'' - typically hangs at the collar bone and not usually comfortable to most, but this length is good for children, especially if you're wanting a longer chain
- 20'' - typically hangs at the top of the sternum, like an 18'' chain would on a woman, but in my experience this is not the most popular chain length for men
- 24'' - typically hangs near center of sternum. This is the most popular size chain for men and what I typically recommend. It's long enough to go over necklines (even V-neck) and not too long to get in the way.
- 30'' - typically hangs a little below heart level. This is a good chain length for larger or taller men that want a longer chain or as a more dramatic length for a pendant.
***Again, that's a lot of "typically." Men tend to need longer chains. As a rough rule of thumb, I'd say add 2 inches to a chain that fits a woman if you want the fit to be the same for a man, maybe even 3-4''
Still don't know what length you need? Check out my guide on chain lengths here!
All jewelry sold on MettlebyAbby.com is hand made using only solid precious metals and genuine gemstones.
If you have questions about this piece, please feel free to contact me via email at Abby@MettlebyAbby.com
To clean your Mettle by Abby pieces, simply use a soft toothbrush in warm, mild soapy water. This will help remove dirt and oil from the gemstones and make them shine again, as well as keep the silver and gold looking bright and clean.
To polish silver Mettle by Abby pieces, simply buff with a silver polishing cloth. If you really want to give it a shining, you can use a silver polishing cream and then rinse it with water when done.