Sturdy Oxidized Silver Chain // Oxidized Sterling Silver
This chain is strong, smooth, and doesn't kink (well, maybe if you got it stuck in the garbage disposal.) Being 1.5 mm thick, this rounded box chain can handle most pendants, even the ones on the heavier side.
This is a go-to, must have chain for any guy. The Oxidized Silver gives it a less polished and shiny look.
Here's a quick run down on chain lengths for women:
- 18'' - typically hangs right at the top of your sternum. This is the most common length chain
- 20'' - typically hangs about 1'' below the top of the sternum but also a comfortable size for taller or larger people
- 24'' - typically hangs at heart level. This is a great length for larger pendants or pieces you want to wear on your torso without having the piece right on you chest.
***I just said "typically" a lot. Even if you're the same height as me, there are a number of factors that can contribute to chain fit. Most chains can be shortened. My favorite solution (especially if you're deciding between sizes) is to have a chain extender added so you can wear it 2-3'' longer.
Here's a quick run down on chain lengths for men:
- 18'' - typically hangs at the collar bone and not usually comfortable to most, but this length is good for children, especially if you're wanting a longer chain
- 20'' - typically hangs at the top of the sternum, like an 18'' chain would on a woman, but in my experience this is not the most popular chain length for men
- 24'' - typically hangs near center of sternum. This is the most popular size chain for men and what I typically recommend. It's long enough to go over necklines (even V-neck) and not too long to get in the way.
***Again, that's a lot of "typically." Men tend to need longer chains. As a rough rule of thumb, I'd say add 2 inches to a chain that fits a woman if you want the fit to be the same for a man, maybe even 3-4''
Still don't know what length you need? Check out my guide on chain lengths here!